Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Cleansing Time!!

October my health schedule went nuts. I experienced a lot of fatigue, which caused me to miss some pill time, sometimes choose quick carryout foods instead of going to the grocery store and I was hit and miss on my enemas. I also took a vacation at the end of the month, which really through off any healthy eating and taking of pills/supplements. So I've planned on doing some detoxing, getting back into the swing of things. At the beginning of the year I did the 21 Day Adventure Cleanse from Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet book. This is a great program and essentially what I intend to do again. It's gluten free, dairy, meat, coffee and sugar free. That may sound like a lot, but half of those things don't really affect me anyway. I intend to stick mostly to the gluten-free part, except I will likely eat Ezekiel bread, which is sprouted grains. It's easier for your body to digest, and having done this before, I know I do not have a gluten intolerance. I will however still to my quinoa pasta.and avoid other processed  wheat products. The most challenging one will be sugar, which is also the most important, however I have several ways to handle that issue.






Green smoothies are a big portion of the plan. I intent to drink at least 2 quarts a day, and do a smoothie fast on Sunday's, which will be 6-8 quarts, depending on my hunger. I did the smoothie fast just once last time and I think if I had made even just one more smoothie it would have been easier. I'm going to make sure I make plenty this time.

Otherwise there are several options such as almond butter sandwiches, Buddha bowl, gluten free pasta with pesto, falafel,  chili and soups, mashed potatoes, veggie burgers, etc. Healthy snacks include raisins, almonds, fruit, gluten free pretzels, granola bars, more smoothies, etc. I am allowed one piece of dark chocolate daily to help with cravings, however the granola bars have some chocolate, plus I plan on making raw cacao smoothies, so that should be enough.

The cleanse is not just about food. I am getting back on track with my pills and supplements. I will also be doing daily coffee enemas, skin brushing, and the occasional detox bath and neti pot. Exercise is an important part too, but seeing as I am just starting to be able to walk short distances and such, I will start slow with minimal movement on the rebounder. I really would like to get back into yoga, so at some point as my energy increases, I will add that.

Taking care of emotional and spiritual health is also important. Daily meditation, journaling, watching Brad Yates EFT videos, doing Louise Hay exercises, etc. I would like to do at least two of these things as well.

So off to the store, after cleaning out my fridge, and be ready to start Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails